SEND Information Report
Woden Primary School is an inclusive school. We ensure that pupils are included in all aspects of learning and school life throughout our school.
From time to time some children require additional support to help meet their needs or improve their learning.
- We are a child and family-centred school, so you will be involved in all decision-making about your child.
- If either you or our staff thinks your child has an SEN, this may be because they are not making the same progress as other children. We will look into it, observe them and assess their understanding of what we are doing at school to find out what is causing the difficulty. Should we require further help we will contact our local support team.
- When we assess SEND we discuss it with you to determine whether your child’s understanding and behaviour are the same at school and home, we take this into account and work with you so that we are all helping your child in the same way to make progress.
Some children will require support for a longer period of time to ensure they can access the curriculum effectively and be included fully in classroom learning and school events. Support will be planned by school staff and where appropriate by external professionals. Parents/carers will be kept informed of any additional support
Our School SEN Information Report describes the range of provisions and support available to support identified children as and when appropriate. This Offer is subject to change depending on budgetary constraints and policy review.
The SEN coordinator at Woden Primary School is Nicola Thomas. You can find her details below.
|Nicola Thomas (SENCo)|
|Address||Woden Primary School, Springfield Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 0LH|
- When children enter or leave Woden, meetings will be arranged to ensure smooth transitions. In-year transitions can be supported with extra visits to the new class.
- At times the school may purchase additional support services from the Health and Local Authority. These are time-limited resources and may not be available each academic year.